The Selkie Envoy: An Ironsworn Adventure
A downloadable adventure module
The villagers of Stormlook are at their cliff’s edge. One of their own went missing. Another turned up dead. Their fish stocks are dwindling, and they’re hungry to blame one group: the selkie, a people who can transform between human and seal.
Stormlook's leader asks for your help to traverse the Captiva Icemark, a perilous ice shelf, and establish contact with the selkie. Will you swear upon iron to complete this journey and bring peace between both communities, or will you succumb to the icy depths? Play to find out.
- A 2-4 hour one-shot for Shawn Tomkin's Ironsworn, suitable for solo, co-op, and guided play
- A new delve site, the Captiva Icemark, complete with a denizens matrix and suggested encounters
- 2 new Ironsworn foes: the selkie and walrus
- 1 new artifact: Phelphia's pelt
- 6 major NPCs and 6 locations between 2 settlements
- 1 iron vow that will lead your hero through a perilous journey and inter-community tensions
- Optional Ironsworn: Delve support with guidelines for non-Delve play
This text contains the following themes: violence, natural disasters, drowning, starvation, murder, kidnapping, war, familial conflict, violence against animals, the undead, characters exoticizing other cultures, and potentially mob violence. Of note, the story revolves around fantasy xenophobia that can be read as an allegory for anti-indigenous racism or colonialism.
This module was written for the RPG Writer Workshop course "Write Your First Adventure | Fall 2021," as taught by Storytelling Collective.
|Release date||Dec 08, 2021|
|Genre||Adventure, Role Playing|
|Tags||ironsworn, One-shot, PbtA, rpg-writer-workshop, selkie, Supplement, Tabletop, Tabletop role-playing game|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average session||A few hours|
In order to download this adventure module you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Support this adventure module at or above a special price point to receive something exclusive.
If you're marginalized or are financially in need, feel free to redeem a free copy of The Selkie Envoy: no questions asked.
If you redeem a community copy, please consider leaving a positive rating or review, posting a comment, sharing this page on social media, or playing this adventure with your friends. I especially appreciate any stories you have about your time playing this module.
- Indie Bundle for Abortion Funds87 days ago
- More Bundles: Bundle for Ukraine + The TTRPG Community Stands with Ukraine Bundl...Mar 12, 2022
- Community Copies + TTRPGs for Trans Rights in Texas!!Mar 04, 2022
- Update 1.01: Changelog, Sale, BundleJan 25, 2022
- What's Next for The Selkie Envoy?Dec 09, 2021
- The Selkie Envoy 1.00 Has Launched!Dec 08, 2021
- Details Reveal: Cover Art, Price, Release DateDec 06, 2021
- Adventure Coming Soon: The Selkie EnvoyDec 03, 2021
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.